Good attendance is required in order for the student to keep up with the class. When all students have good attendance, the entire class will benefit. Poor attendance slows down the progress of the class.
We know that being late is sometimes unavoidable, but excessive lateness can be disruptive and cause a loss of concentration.
- Please call, text or email if a student will be absent for one or several classes.
- If a student is more than 15 minutes late, they may be asked to observe rather than participate. This is for the student’s safety, as they would miss a proper warm-up and could be injured.
- There are currently no make-up sessions offered for missed classes.
- There are no discounts given for missed classes.
- If a student needs to withdraw, please notify Amy Merrill, Director of Inspired Dance.
- HOLIDAYS: We follow the Traditional School Calendar for the Thanksgiving, Christmas and Spring Break. For all other holidays, please see OUR Calendar if class is held or not.
Drop-off and Pick-up
- Students should arrive 3-5 minutes prior to the beginning of class, and should not disrupt the class in progress.
- Please use the restroom before class starts so class time is not wasted.
- Students should be dressed in dance attire and lined up, ready to enter class.
- Please pick up students promptly, at the end of class, inside the building.
- Inspired Dance and its instructors are not responsible for providing supervision for students outside of the designated class area.
- Parents and guardians can drop off their dancer and return at the end of class.
- Parents are welcome to sit out in the halls at the schools. There is no waiting area at the studio, thus making drop off the preferred option. Overall, students participate better in class when there are no outside distractions.
- Regarding School Premises, Siblings must be supervised at all times and are not allowed to play with or on any school equipment.
- Please do not bring food or drink to the facility.
- Please be respectful to school property and follow our Golden Rule: “Leave your surroundings better than you found them.”
Visitors and Class Observation
Parents will be invited to observe their child’s class on occasion. When this invitation is given, we ask that you adhere to a few guidelines.
- Please leave younger children, who might disrupt class, in the care of others.
- Please do not become a disruption by allowing children to play or talk to you excessively.
- Please remain attentive.
If observation becomes a problem, the instructor may ask the parent to step out of the classroom for the remainder of class. We appreciate your willingness to cooperate in this matter.
Before class, students will line up outside the classroom door and wait quietly for the instructor to welcome them.
- Be respectful to the instructor and your peers.
- Pay attention.
- Work hard.
- Be kind.
Inspired Dance reserves the right to dismiss any student for failure to comply with our behavior policy or for behavioral problems.
If a student becomes disruptive in class:
- The child may be asked to leave or to sit and observe.
- The parent or guardian will be notified.
- The child may be dismissed from the class if the problem continues.
- In case of dismissal, tuition will not be refunded.
It’s important to communicate with your child’s instructor at least once a month to be sure you are not missing important information. Please make sure we have the best email and your cell phone number. Changes in class attendace, especially WITHDRAWLS must be communicated to Amy via email, phone, text.
Important information will be:
- Emails will be sent out once a month or more.
- Please check email regularly to stay up to date.
- If you are not receiving our emails, please check your SPAM/JUNK folder.
REFUNDS are contigent upon request, are pro-rated, and will incure a processing/transaction fee. Contact us for details.
The Costume fee is for our students performing in the Spring Recital. Receiving this fee early helps us to be organized and maintain commitment and continuity throughout our season. However, we are willing to work with you if you need more time. Please contact Amy Merrill.
- Fee does NOT include tights or shoes
- Due before October 30
- Payable to Inspired Dance
- Non-refundable due to the extra expense and time a recital requires
- Yours to keep, excluding props that belong to Inspired Dance and are used for performance purposes
With permission from parents or guardians, Inspired Dance will use pictures and videos, taken during classes and events, on our website, Instagram, Facebook, email, or brochures. Names and personal information will not be shared. Pictures and videos are used for the purpose of sharing the students’ progress with parents and for sharing and promoting our events. A release form must be signed on the first day of class.
Parents must sign a liability waiver, on the first day of class, releasing Inspired Dance, Meridian Parks and Recreation, West Ada School District, and any other cooperating facility from all liability for injuries or property damage that may be sustained as a result of participation in this program. At Inspired Dance we take the safety of our students seriously. We will consistently strive to establish a safe environment for your child. In the event of an accident, you will be notified immediately and any emergency services deemed necessary will be contacted.
Parents will have the option of ordering recital photos and individual pictures prior to our Spring Recital. This service is currently made available through Steele Photography. Please address all questions or concerns, regarding recital pictures, with the photographer. For contact information and examples of work (not dance related), go to the Steele Photography website.
Policies and procedures may be amended at any time without notice. Changes will be posted on our website and on the class doors.